Meeting Minutes February 22, 2017
Download the .pdf copy of the meeting minutes here.
TOWNSHIP OF CLAY
CLAY TOWNSHIP BOARD MEETING
MARCH 22, 2017, 7:00 PM
MANTRAP VALLEY CONSERVATION CLUB
PARK RAPIDS, MN
- CALL TO ORDER: The March 22nd, 2017, Meeting of the Clay Township Board was called to order at 7:00 p.m. by Chair Andy Kietzman, and those present recited the Pledge of Allegiance.
- ROLL CALL: Present: Supervisors Andy Kietzman, Norm Leistikow, and Jeff Haukebo, Treasurer Del Holz, and Clerk Margie Vik. Absent: None. Others Present: None.
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA: A motion was made by Haukebo, seconded by Leistikow, and unanimously carried to approve the agenda as presented.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
- Clay Township Regular Meeting Minutes-February 22, 2017: A motion was made by Leistikow, seconded by Haukebo, and unanimously carried to approve the Clay Township Regular Meeting Minutes for February 22nd, 2017, with correction to page 1, line 31, change March to April.
- NEW BUSINESS:
- Gambling Permit: A motion was made by Haukebo, seconded by Leistikow, and unanimously carried to approve a Minnesota LG220 Tax Exempt Gambling Permit for the United Federation of Disabled Archers, to conduct a gun raffle on September 30th, 2017.
- Fire Contract: A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Haukebo, and unanimously carried to authorize the execution and payment of the fire contract by and between the Park Rapids Fire Department and Clay Township.
- Hubbard County Association of Townships Meeting: Leistikow stated he attended the HCAT meeting. Highlights of the meeting included a presentation by the Hubbard County Emergency Services officer regarding storm mitigation, The county engineer reviewed the road and ditch maintenance plan for this summer.
- Gambling Permit: A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Leistikow, and unanimously carried to approve a Minnesota LG240B Tax Exempt Gambling Permit for Mantrap Valley Conservation Club, to conduct eight bingo games this summer.
- OLD BUSINESS: There was no old business.
- APPROVAL OF TREASURERS REPORT: Holz stated at the annual meeting it was recommended that the Supervisors move $30,000.00 from the road and bridge fund to the building fund, which would leave an operating balance of $104,172.09. It was also recommended to decrease the levy to $52,000.00, which shows good stewardship of public funds. A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Leistikow, and unanimously carried to transfer $30,000.00 from the road and bridge fund to the building fund, as recommended at the annual meeting. A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Leistikow, and unanimously carried to pay the contracts for services approved at the annual meeting. A detailed listing of said contracts is listed below in the payables. Holz stated $54.00 was received from the money market account interest, $285.63 for the January tax settlement, and $2,872.70 for the gas tax. The checking account balance is $4,678.92, and the money market balance is $200,739.54. The total funds are $205,418.46. There is $1,919.67 in outstanding checks. There’s $72,084.55 in the building fund. The operating balance as of January 31st, 2017, is $131,414.24. The outstanding invoices for this month are $3,112.93 for the fire contract, $150.00 for the MAT Short Course, $630.00 for Cumber Construction, $600.00 for the Park Rapids Library, $1,000.00 for First Responders, $100.00 for the Humane Society, $400.00 for Mantrap Valley Conservation Club, $200.00 for Kinship, $250.00 for HCLL, $200.00 for the Historical Society, $2,400.00 for estimated first quarter stipends/reimbursements, $425.00 for estimated first quarter IRS, and $2,000.00 for AIS inspections. Total payables are $11,467.93. Holz added $40.00 for Marty Leistikow for clerking and $25.00 for Andy Kietzman for moderating, at the annual meeting. A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Leistikow, and unanimously carried to approve the treasurer’s report and to pay the outstanding invoices.
- ADJOURNMENT: A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Haukebo, and unanimously carried to adjourn the meeting at 7:35 p.m.