Meeting Minutes January 25, 2017
Download the .pdf copy of the meeting minutes here.
TOWNSHIP OF CLAY
CLAY TOWNSHIP BOARD MEETING
JANUARY 25, 2017, 7:00 PM
MANTRAP VALLEY CONSERVATION CLUB
PARK RAPIDS, MN
- CALL TO ORDER: The January 25th, 2017, Meeting of the Clay Township Board was called to order at 7:00 p.m. by Chair Andy Kietzman, and those present recited the Pledge of Allegiance.
- APPOINT CHAIR FOR 2017: A motion was made by Haukebo, seconded by Leistikow, and unanimously carried to appoint Andy Kietzman as Clay Township Chair for 2017.
- ROLL CALL: Present: Supervisors Andy Kietzman, Norm Leistikow, and Jeff Haukebo, Treasurer Del Holz, and Clerk Margie Vik. Absent: None. Others Present: None.
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA: A motion was made by Leistikow, seconded by Haukebo, and unanimously carried to approve the agenda as presented.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
- Clay Township Regular Meeting Minutes-November 23, 2016: A motion was made by Leistikow, seconded by Kietzman, and unanimously carried to approve the Clay Township Regular Meeting Minutes for November 23rd, 2016, as presented.
- NEW BUSINESS:
- Local Board of Appeal and Equalization: Vik stated the Local Board of Appeal and Equalization Meeting is scheduled for April 20th, 2017 at 11:00 a.m.
- Gambling Permit: A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Leistikow, and unanimously carried to approve a Minnesota Lawful Gambling Permit LG240B for the Let’s Go Fishing organization, on August 1, 15, and 22, 2017.
- Township Association Meeting: Leistikow provided an overview of the discussion at the monthly township association meeting held in Mantrap Town Hall. There were presentations by the Veteran’s Service Representative, Child Protection Services, Local Board of Appeal and Equalization Training information, and Bill DonCarlos, the AIS Coordinator.
- OLD BUSINESS:
- AIS Inspections: Haukebo stated the township can verbally tell DonCarlos about the designation of township funds for Mantrap Lake. A motion was made by Leistikow, seconded by Haukebo, and unanimously carried to designate $2,000.00 to Aquatic Invasive Species inspections on Mantrap Lake.
- Road Issues: The board discussed the continuing issues on Jig Saw Drive. The board is considering installing a hickenbottom vertical drain in the new holding pond. Kietzman stated the residents are asking for it, yet we don’t want to cause any issues there. The Dahns property is impacted when the water overflows the storm water holding pond. If we can increase the holding capacity, there will be less on their driveway. We asked for their input and they provided it to us. The board took no action at this time.
- APPROVAL OF TREASURERS REPORT: Holz stated $55.30 was received from the money market account interest, and $285.63 for the January tax settlement. The checking account balance is $159.41, and the money market balance is $206,097.23. The total funds are $206,256.64. There is $55.41 in outstanding checks. There’s $72,084.55 in the building fund. The operating balance as of December 30th, 2016, is $134,116.68. The outstanding invoices for this month are $4,222.50 for Cumber Construction, $35.22 for the Enterprise, $100.20 for Hubbard County Truth in Taxation statements, $219.00 for workman’s compensation insurance, $352.42 for MAT county dues, and $775.00 for MATIT insurance. Total payables are $5,704.34. The board discussed transferring the money from the building fund into a CD since the interest rates have been slowly going up. The board did not make any changes at this time. A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Leistikow, and unanimously carried to approve the treasurer’s report and to pay the outstanding invoices.
- ADJOURNMENT: A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Haukebo, and unanimously carried to adjourn the meeting at 7:35 p.m.