Meeting Minutes April 27, 2022
Download the .pdf copy of the meeting minutes here.
TOWNSHIP OF CLAY
TOWNSHIP OF CLAY
CLAY TOWNSHIP BOARD MEETING
JULY 27, 2022, 6:00 PM
PARK RAPIDS, MN
- 1. CALL TO ORDER: The July 27th, 2022, Meeting of the Clay Township Board was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Chair Andy Kietzman, and those present recited the Pledge of Allegiance.
- 2. ROLL CALL: Present: Chair Andy Kietzman, Supervisors Jeff Haukebo and Mike Lichter, Treasurer Del Holz, and Clerk Margie Vik. Absent: None. Others Present: None.
- 3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Lichter, and unanimously carried to approve the agenda as presented.
- 4. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
- A. Clay Township Regular Meeting Minutes-May 25, 2022: A motion was made by Haukebo, seconded by Kietzman, and unanimously carried to approve the Clay Township Regular Meeting Minutes for May 25th, 2022, as presented.
- 5. NEW BUSINESS:
- A. MAT Meeting: Kietzman stated there will be Minnesota Township Association District 11 Zoom Meeting on August 24th at 6:00 p.m. to discuss local issues, financial updates, new laws and bills, and a new risk management system.
- B. Minnesota State Demographic Center: Vik stated the State Demographer’s office has notified Clay Township that the new totals for 2021 are: population 78, and households 29.
- C. Election Filing Notice: Vik stated the filing period for the open Clay Township positions is August 2nd to August 16th, 2022. The open positions are Supervisor A and C, and the Township Clerk.
- D. Fiscal Recovery Funds: Haukebo stated the notice the township received from the Office of Recovery Funds to order a single audit doesn’t apply to us since we did not expend more than $750,000.00 in federal financial assistance in one fiscal year. The board took no action.
- E. Road Plan: Lichter stated, as per the township’s road plan, he ordered the west end of Jasmine Drive to be graveled with four inches of class 5. That’s the engineered amount to lock it all together. That amount is approximately half of Jasmine Drive. Holz stated the road has been spot graveled recently.
- 6. OLD BUSINESS:
- A. Town Hall Issues: Kietzman stated he visited with Yliniemi. Our new sign has been installed and the parking lot has been expanded. We could go larger if necessary. Craig Rittgers will do the door closure. The non-skid grid is on order. Lichter stated the parking lot is fine, but if there are more than five cars in it there will be a traffic jam. Haukebo questioned do we need stops put in front of the building? Kietzman stated that is worth consideration. We’ll see how we end the year financially. Lichter stated I’d like to see more black dirt put on the helipad. Kietzman explained that when the hall was built the cement trucks rutted it and sand was used to level it out.
- 7. APPROVAL OF TREASURERS REPORT: Holz presented his written treasurer’s report to the board (see attached). A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Haukebo, and unanimously carried to approve the treasurer’s report and to pay the outstanding invoices.
- 8. ADJOURNMENT: A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Haukebo, and unanimously carried to adjourn the meeting at 6:28 p.m.