Meeting Minutes May 27, 2020
Download the .pdf copy of the meeting minutes here.
TOWNSHIP OF CLAY
TOWNSHIP OF CLAY
CLAY TOWNSHIP BOARD MEETING
MAY 27, 2020, 6:00 PM
VIA TELEPHONE CONFERENCE
PARK RAPIDS, MN
- 1. CALL TO ORDER: The May 27th, 2020, Meeting of the Clay Township Board was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Chair Andy Kietzman, and those present recited the Pledge of Allegiance.
- 2. ROLL CALL: Present: Chair Andy Kietzman, Supervisors Jeff Haukebo and Norm Leistikow, Treasurer Del Holz, and Clerk Margie Vik. All board members participated by phone. Absent: None. Others Present: None.
- 3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: A motion was made by Leistikow, seconded by Haukebo, and unanimously carried to approve the agenda as presented.
- 4. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
- A. Clay Township Regular Meeting Minutes-April 22, 2020: A motion was made by Leistikow, seconded by Haukebo, and unanimously carried to approve the Clay Township Regular Meeting Minutes for April 22nd, 2020, as presented.
- 5. NEW BUSINESS:
- A. Gambling Permit: Kietzman stated he received a request for a gambling permit from the United Foundation for Disabled Archers (UFFDA) to hold a raffle at Camp Wilderness in October. A motion was made by Leistikow, seconded by Kietzman, and unanimously carried to approve a Minnesota Gambling LG220 Application for Exempt Permit for a raffle at Camp Wilderness in October 2020.
- B. Zoning Permit: Haukebo stated Mark Miller is requesting a zoning permit for a cabin and storage building on his forty acre parcel, on County 4, west of Jigsaw Drive. The parcel is currently vacant and the outbuilding will not have electricity. A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Leistikow, and unanimously carried to approve a zoning permit for Mark Miller at PID #04.28.00400.
Discussion: Haukebo stated he’d heard that a couple of houses have been built in Clay Township without permits. He suggested the zoning ordinance be revisited to put some teeth in it for non-compliance, or possible a penalty for the contractors who build without permits. Kietzman stated he would contact the township’s attorney to see what could be done within the law. He added that he would file a request for a permit for the new town hall construction.
- C. Road Issues: Leistikow stated he inspected all of the township roads in May and that they were in good shape, with no weeds in the ditches.
- 6. OLD BUSINESS:
- A. Town Hall Update: Kietzman stated Tim Yliniemi is excited to get the bid for the town hall and will start working on it in July or August. The building should be completed by January of 2021.
- Meeting Minutes: Vik reported all past approved meeting minutes have been emailed to Shannon Barnett and should all be uploaded to the township’s website by now.
- 7. APPROVAL OF TREASURERS REPORT: Holz presented his written treasurer’s report to the board (see attached).
A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Leistikow, and unanimously carried to approve the treasurer’s report and to pay the outstanding invoices.
Kietzman stated the board is allowed to meet in person for the July meeting or we can continue to meet via telephone conference. Things ae fairly calm right now so we can wait to see if there is a peak in COVID-19 cases in July and then make a determination later on what method we will use to meet.
- 8. ADJOURNMENT: A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Leistikow, and unanimously carried to adjourn the meeting at 6:24 p.m.