Meeting Minutes March 22, 2023
Download the .pdf copy of the meeting minutes here.
TOWNSHIP OF CLAY
TOWNSHIP OF CLAY
CLAY TOWNSHIP BOARD MEETING
March 22, 2023, 6:00 PM
PARK RAPIDS, MN
- 1. CALL TO ORDER: The March 22nd, 2023, Meeting of the Clay Township Board was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Chair Andy Kietzman, and those present recited the Pledge of Allegiance.
- 2. ROLL CALL: Present: Chair Andy Kietzman, Supervisors Jeff Haukebo, Mike Lichter, Treasurer Del Holz, and Clerk Kristina Case
- 3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: A motion was made by Haukebo, seconded by Lichter, and unanimously carried to approve the agenda as presented.
- 4. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
- A. Clay Township Regular Meeting Minutes-February 22nd, 2023: A motion was made by Haukebo, Seconded by Kietzman, and unanimously carried to approve the Clay Township Regular Meeting minutes for February 22nd, 2023, as presented
- 5. NEW BUSINESS:
- A. A. Bank Requirements for Adding and Removing a Signer: Bank Requires the information be recorded in the minutes. A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Haukebo, and unanimously carried to approve the addition of signers, Kristina Case and Mike Lichter, along with the removal of signers, Margie Vik and Norm Leistikow.
- B. City Of Park Rapids Fire Contract: Contract price increased from last year. Possible meeting with townships and City of Park Rapids Administrator. Discussion followed. Will revisit in April’s meeting.
- C. Noxious Weeds: Received paperwork, gave to Mike Lichter to handle.
- D. Township Short Courses: Course date is April 5th.
- E. Resolution to transfer from Building to General Fund. A motion was made by Haukebo, seconded by Lichter, and unanimously carried to approve moving Itasca Mantrap electric bills from Building to General Fund.
- F. Adding Top Soil and Grass to Helipad: Discussion followed. Will speak with Cumber for a quote. Discussed Black top, Will look into options.
- G. Tax Implications of Deep Lake Park: Correspondence with Chip, see attached, Moved from Taxable to Tax Exempt, will not receive levy going forward.
- H. Chloride for roads: Discussion on Polymer vs Chloride vs Durablend. Possible to have Jasmine Dr done past Cumber pit, approx. ¼ mile. Will table till Fall to reopen discussion.
- I. Hubbard County First Responders: Currently only southern half of Hubbard County Hubbard first responders get page for Clay township calls. Recommendation to have Dave Bjorkland paged for Clay township calls. A motion was made by Haukebo, seconded by Lichter, and unanimously carried to approve Dave Bjorkland corresponding with Hubbard County First Responders to get himself added to Page for Clay Township calls.
- 6. OLD BUSINESS:
- A. Deep Lake Campground Issue Nothing new to Report
- 7. APPROVAL OF TREASURERS REPORT: Holz presented his written treasurer’s report to the board (see attached). Discussion in reference to Fire Contract. Will hold contract till April meeting. A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Lichter, and unanimously carried to approve the treasurer’s report and to pay the outstanding invoices.
- 8. ADJOURNMENT: A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Haukebo, and unanimously carried to adjourn the meeting at 6:47 p.m.