Meeting Minutes February 27, 2019
Download the .pdf copy of the meeting minutes here.
TOWNSHIP OF CLAY
7. APPROVAL OF TREASURERS REPORT: Holz stated $98.55 in interest was received from the CNB money market account, $104.04 in interest from the Edward Jones CD, and $3,264.26 in tax settlement funds. Total deposits are $3,466.85. The checking account balance is $2,458.40, and the money market balance is $179,605.78. There’s a CD in the amount of $50,000.00, which matures on 3-1-19, and an Edward Jones CD in the amount of $50,000.00. The total funds are $282,064.18. There’s $171,865.53 in the building fund. There are two outstanding checks in the amount of $2,358.40. The operating balance is $101,524.36. The outstanding invoices for this month are $2,274.25 for Cumber Construction, $805.00 for MAT insurance, $46.96 for the Fargo Forum, $3,082.16 for the Fire Contract, and $107.52 for Haas Printing. Total payables are $6,315.89.
Holz questioned what the board wanted him to do with the CD that matures on March 1st, 2019. Kietzman stated do not recycle the CD, deposit the funds in the money market account until after the Annual Meeting, until after a decision is made on the proposed town hall building.
A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Leistikow, and unanimously carried to approve the treasurer’s report and to pay the outstanding invoices.
ADJOURNMENT: A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Leistikow, and unanimously carried to adjourn the meeting at 6:18 p.m.
ATTEST: Chair Andy Kietzman
Margie M. Vik
TOWNSHIP OF CLAY
CLAY TOWNSHIP BOARD MEETING
FEBRUARY 27, 2019, 6:00 PM
MANTRAP VALLEY CONSERVATION CLUB
PARK RAPIDS, MN
- 1. The February 27th, 2019, Meeting of the Clay Township Board was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Chair Andy Kietzman, and those present recited the Pledge of Allegiance.
- 2. ROLL CALL: Present: Chair Andy Kietzman, Supervisor Norm Leistikow, Treasurer Del Holz, and Clerk Margie Vik. Absent: Supervisor Jeff Haukebo. Others Present: None.
- 3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: A motion was made by Leistikow, seconded by Kietzman, and unanimously carried to approve the agenda as presented.
- 4. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
- A. Clay Township Regular Meeting Minutes-January 23, 2019: A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Leistikow, and unanimously carried to approve the Clay Township Regular Meeting Minutes for January 23rd, 2019, as presented.
- 5. NEW BUSINESS:
- A. Fire Service Contract: The fire service contract with the City of Park Rapids is $3,082.16 for 2019-2020. In 2018-2019 it was $2,982.00. The amount in 2020-2021 is projected to be $3,217.70. A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Leistikow, and unanimously carried to approve execution and payment of the fire service agreement by and between Clay Township and the City of Park Rapids.
- B. North Country Food Bank: Holz stated the North Country Food Bank is requesting a donation of $300.00. They do delivery food here to Hubbard County. Kietzman suggested looking at their website for some contact information and clarification prior to the annual meeting on March 12th.
- C. Income and Expense Reports: Vik received the Clay Township 2018 Financial Report, the 2018 Income Report, and the 2018 Expense Report, for the Annual Meeting on March 12th, 2019, from Treasurer Del Holz.
- D. Clay Township Website: Vik was instructed to contact Shannon Barnett Web Design and request that she post that the Clay Township regular meetings now start at 6:00 p.m.
- E. MAT Short Course: The board was informed that the Minnesota Association of Township’s Short Course will be held on April 3rd, 2019, in Bemidji.
- 6. OLD BUSINESS: There was no old business.