Meeting Minutes January 22, 2020
Download the .pdf copy of the meeting minutes here.
TOWNSHIP OF CLAY
TOWNSHIP OF CLAY
CLAY TOWNSHIP BOARD MEETING
FEBRUARY 26, 2020, 6:00 PM
MANTRAP VALLEY CONSERVATION CLUB
PARK RAPIDS, MN
- 1. CALL TO ORDER: The February 26th, 2020, Meeting of the Clay Township Board was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Chair Andy Kietzman, and those present recited the Pledge of Allegiance.
- 2. ROLL CALL: Present: Chair Andy Kietzman, Supervisors Jeff Haukebo and Norm Leistikow, Treasurer Del Holz, and Clerk Margie Vik. Absent: None. Others Present: None.
- 3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: A motion was made by Leistikow, seconded by Kietzman, and unanimously carried to approve the agenda as presented.
- 4. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
- A. Clay Township Regular Meeting Minutes-January 22, 2020: A motion was made by Leistikow, seconded by Kietzman, and unanimously carried to approve the Clay Township Regular Meeting Minutes for January 22nd, 2020, as presented.
- 5. NEW BUSINESS:
- A. Hubbard County Township Association Meeting: Leistikow reported on the Hubbard County Township Association Meeting.
- B. MAT Short Course: Kietzman reported the Minnesota Association of Township’s Spring Short Course will be held on April 1st, 2020, in Bemidji, MN.
- 6. OLD BUSINESS:
- A. Jack Fish Road Speed Limits: Kietzman reported he talked with a contractor regarding constructing sidewalks for Jack Fish Road. The price varies greatly depending on the existing shoulders and the amount of dirt work required, but you could figure approximately $100.00 per foot. The concern is once the public sidewalks are constructed who would be responsible for the costs for snow removal and ongoing maintenance and who would pay for the construction of them. It could be done, but it would not be cheap. There is no recommendation at this time.
- B. Meeting Attendance Requirements: Haukebo stated he would be using remote video to attend the meeting in March.
- C. Town Hall Update: Kietzman stated he sent out five bid packets, and three contractors reviewed the plans and are planning to submit bids, Tim Yliniemi, Mike Branstrom, and Tim Eischens. He should have the bids by March 1st in time for the annual meeting.
- 7. APPROVAL OF TREASURERS REPORT: Holz presented his written treasurer’s report to the board (see attached). Holz announced his intention to not run for the treasurer position in November. His final day would be December 31st, 2020. A motion was made by Haukebo, seconded by Kietzman, and unanimously carried to approve the treasurer’s report and to pay the outstanding invoices.
- 8. ADJOURNMENT: A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Haukebo, and unanimously carried to adjourn the meeting at 6:15 p.m.