Meeting Minutes November 28, 2018
Download the .pdf copy of the meeting minutes here.
TOWNSHIP OF CLAY
TOWNSHIP OF CLAY
CLAY TOWNSHIP BOARD MEETING
NOVEMBER 28, 2018, 7:00 PM
MANTRAP VALLEY CONSERVATION CLUB
PARK RAPIDS, MN
- 1. CALL TO ORDER: The November 28th, 2018, Meeting of the Clay Township Board was called to order at 7:00 p.m. by Chair Andy Kietzman, and those present recited the Pledge of Allegiance.
- 2. ROLL CALL: Present: Chair Andy Kietzman, Supervisors Jeff Haukebo and Norm Leistikow, Treasurer Del Holz, and Clerk Margie Vik. Absent: None. Others Present: George Honzay, Jim Nemzek.
- 3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Leistikow, and unanimously carried to approve the agenda as presented.
- 4. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
- A. Clay Township Regular Meeting Minutes-September 26, 2018: A motion was made by Haukebo, seconded by Leistikow, and unanimously carried to approve the Clay Township Regular Meeting Minutes for September 26th, 2018, as presented.
- B. Clay Township Canvass Board Meeting Minutes-November 14, 2018: A motion was made by Haukebo, seconded by Leistikow, and unanimously carried to approve the Clay Township Canvass Board Meeting Minutes for November 14th, 2018, as presented.
- 5. NEW BUSINESS:
- A. Aquatic Invasive Species Funding: Jim Nemzek, from Big Mantrap Lake Association, requested that Clay Township assist in the funding for the AIS inspection program in 2019. Any funds have to be submitted directly to the Hubbard County Environmental Services by January 17th. After searching through the records it was determined that the expense for AIS inspections that were authorized in 2018 was never paid. A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Leistikow, and unanimously carried to approve the request from Big Mantrap Lake Association for $2,500.00 for the aquatic invasive species inspections for 2019 (and) to authorize the treasurer to issue a check in the amount of $2,200.00 for the aquatic invasive species inspections for 2018 as previously requested by Big Mantrap Lake Association.
- B. Liquor License: A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Leistikow, to approve the CT3.2CMBN on sale beer and the WNONSB wine license for Emmaville Store.
- C. Tax Exempt Status: Vik stated she submitted an application to the county assessor to claim tax exempt status for the Clay Township property (pid #04.27.00400). The paperwork has to be resubmitted every three years. Haukebo stated he would inquire at Citizen’s Bank as to why the property tax statement has them listed as the owner of the property.
- D. Hubbard County Township Association Meeting: Leistikow reported he attended the Hubbard County Association of Townships meeting on November 17th, 2018, at Farden Township. Kietzman stated the Town Hall Committee toured various town halls in the area. They will have a report that will be presented at the annual meeting in March of 2019.
- E. Clay Township Meetings: A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Haukebo, and unanimously carried to change the time of the regular Clay Township meetings to 6:00 p.m., with the same meeting months and days as previously scheduled.
- 6. OLD BUSINESS:
- A. Road Issues: The board discussed the driving surface of Jasmine Drive. No action was taken.
- 7. APPROVAL OF TREASURERS REPORT: Holz stated $46.26 was deposited for MV credit agricultural. Total deposits are $46.26. The checking account balance is $404.83, and the money market balance is $193,667.27. There’s a CD in the amount of $50,000.00, which matures on 3-1-19. The total funds are $244,072.10. There’s $167,457.42 in the building fund. There are no outstanding checks. The operating balance is $76,614.68. The outstanding invoices for this month are $16,832.50 for Cumber Construction, $35.22 for the Enterprise, $34.00 for CNB safety deposit box, $1,400.00 for estimated stipends and reimbursements, $275.00 for estimated IRS payment, $228.00 for Minnesota Association of Townships Workman’s Compensation Insurance, and $2,200.00 for the 2018 Big Mantrap AIS, and $2,500.00 for the 2019 Big Mantrap AIS. Total payables are $23,504.72. A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Leistikow, and unanimously carried to approve the treasurer’s report and to pay the outstanding invoices.
- 8. ADJOURNMENT: A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Haukebo, and unanimously carried to adjourn the meeting at 7:57 p.m.