Meeting Minutes September 28, 2022
Download the .pdf copy of the meeting minutes here.
TOWNSHIP OF CLAY
TOWNSHIP OF CLAY
CLAY TOWNSHIP BOARD MEETING
SEPTEMBER 28, 2022, 6:00 PM
PARK RAPIDS, MN
- 1. CALL TO ORDER: The September 28th, 2022, Meeting of the Clay Township Board was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Chair Andy Kietzman, and those present recited the Pledge of Allegiance.
- 2. ROLL CALL: Present: Chair Andy Kietzman, Supervisors Jeff Haukebo and Mike Lichter, Treasurer Del Holz, and Clerk Margie Vik. Absent: None. Others Present: Kristine Case and a local resident.
- 3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Lichter, and unanimously carried to approve the agenda as presented.
- 4. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
- A. Clay Township Regular Meeting Minutes-July 27, 2022: A motion was made by Haukebo, seconded by Lichter, and unanimously carried to approve the Clay Township Regular Meeting Minutes for July 27th, 2022, as presented.
- 5. NEW BUSINESS:
- A. Road Compliant: Lichter stated he received a compliant from a resident on Jigsaw Drive. I’ve talked to Ben Cumbers, regarding this reoccurring issue involving the switchback turn. It was decided to put a good crown on the road, which will reduce the berm on their yard. We’ll go back to the way we were grooming the road before. We will need to do some more work on there in the next few years. We can put in a good ditch and take out 2 to 3 inches of dirt. It will have to be worked into our road budget. Lichter stated we are doing okay on the graveling for the roads. Kietzman stated we normally put chloride on in the spring. There are mixed reviews on how acceptable that practice is. The road can get gummy. Lichter stated it is also very corrosive. Holz stated none of us on Jasmine Drive want chloride. It’s not good. The west end of Jasmine is now the finest it’s ever been. Lichter stated we put on four inches of class 5. I pieced together what was done in the past for that road. This year only half of the road was done.
- B. Property Tax Levy: Vik stated the property tax levy was reported to the county auditor in the amounts as were discussed at the Annual Meeting in March. The total levy was certified for $58,000.00.
- C. Local Board of Appeal and Equalization Training: Vik informed the LBAE training is going to be offered in person, for a fee, by the Minnesota Association of Townships, next year. The board will continue to monitor the situation and take appropriate action when necessary.
- D. Canvass Board Meeting: A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Lichter, and unanimously carried to schedule the Canvass Board Meeting for Wednesday, November 16th, 2022, at 6:30 p.m., following the regular November meeting.
- E. Minnesota Association of Townships Membership Cards: Vik distributed the MAT membership cards for 2023 to the board members.
- 6. OLD BUSINESS:
- A. Town Hall Issues: Kietzman stated the door grates for the town hall have been installed. The door closure is on order. The town hall project should pretty much be wrapped up now, with the final invoice to be presented by November.
- 7. APPROVAL OF TREASURERS REPORT: Holz presented his written treasurer’s report to the board (see attached). A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Lichter, and unanimously carried to approve the treasurer’s report and to pay the outstanding invoices.
- 8. ADJOURNMENT: A motion was made by Kietzman, seconded by Haukebo, and unanimously carried to adjourn the meeting at 6:27 p.m.